IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
More Details For this Job:
Job Description Day to Day activities would typically include
• Record and report customer initiated design, reliability and maintenance problems and bugs to Development.
• Maintain customer Problem Reports (PMR’s) in the IBM Problem Tracking tool.
• Duplicate the customer’s problem in various Unix and Windows environments using the range of middleware components described above.
• Monitor and manage the customer resolution through entire incident life cycle of the PMR through proactive and regular communication.
• Install and maintain each product, noting problems and opportunities for improvement in form, function, ease of installation and ease of use.
• Be involved in training customers, domestic and foreign partners as well as peers, consultants and SE’s.
• Act as entry portal for customers, consultants and SE’s into the development and QA departments.
• Be responsible for maintaining departmental test platforms and other technical resources.
Education & Required Skills :
# Knowledge of networking, virtual IO, installation, performance,
# Knowledge of backup technology areas. Examples include: full, incremental, differential & other softwares related to these technologies.
# Experience of IBM Unix(AIX, Linux) & Windows technology.
# Candidates with Storage skills- how-to, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of IBM Softwares.
# Good communication skills.
# Knowledge of IBM Support structure.
# Willingness to learn.