Applications are invited for the unified single window admission for first year B. E. / B. Tech. Degree Programme 2010 to the University Departments of Anna Universities, Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges and for the seats surrendered by the Self – Financing Engineering Colleges.
1. In Person
Candidates can obtain the application form in person from the centres detailed below by paying Rs.500/-
(Rs.250/- in case of SC/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) towards registration fee, by cash/demand draft.
2. By Post
Application forms can also be obtained by post from The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering
Admissions (TNEA), Anna University Chennai, Chennai – 600 025 by sending a requisition letter along with a Demand Draft for Rs.700/- (Rs.450/- in case of SC/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) and an address label written in capital letters to which the application is to be mailed.
3. Through Website
The candidates can also register through internet by logging on to www.annauniv.edu/tnea2010. After
entering the required information in the application form, press the submit button, then take a printout, affix a photograph and affix the signature at the appropriate spaces provided. The printout application along with the registration fee in the form of a D.D. only should be sent along with all the enclosures by Speed / Registered post to the address given below.
4. Special Reservations
Candidates seeking admission under Special reservation category should enclose a separate special
reservation application along with the main application together with a DD for Rs.100/- for each special reservation with attested xerox copies of relevant documents. The applications under Sports Quota should be submitted along with all the documents only in person.
5. Submission of filled-in applications
Candidates have to send the filled-in application along with attested xerox copies of Mark Sheet(s) and
attested xerox copies of all other relevant certificates, to The Secretary,Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions 2010, Anna University Chennai, Chennai – 600 025 on or before 31.05.2010 (5.30 p.m.) All Demand Drafts should be drawn in favour of “The Director, Admissions, Anna University Chennai” payable at Chennai, drawn on any Nationalised Bank dated on or after 02.05.2010. Candidates are instructed to write the name and address on the reverse side of the Demand Draft.
SC/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu who want to avail Registration fee concession (Rs.250/-) should produce a xerox copy of the Community certificate obtained from competent authority.
for more details visit
No. 044 – 2235 8265, 2235 8266 and2235 8267,8
Issue Dates and Time From 03.05.2010 to 29.05.2010
9.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. (Except Sundays and public Holidays)
Last date for Submission of filled-in applications 31.05.2009 (5.30 p.m.)
ELIGIBILITY of OTHER STATE CANDIDATES APPLYING FOR TNEA 2010
Candidates belonging to Otherstate (eligible for open community only) must satisfy atleast one of the following conditions, to apply as Tamil Nadu candidate:
(1) Candidates studied VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std. in Tamil Nadu.
(2) Children of Central Government Employees otherwise not domicile of Tamil Nadu may also apply for admission,irrespective of their domicile, provided their parents or guardians (only if both parents are not alive) have been serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past FIVE YEARS at the time of submission of application which should be supported by enclosing a certificate from the employer of the parent or guardian, to that effect.
(3) Sons and daughters of All India Service Tamil Nadu cadre Officers otherwise not native of Tamil Nadu are eligible.
(4) Children of Employees in Public Sector or Government recognised Institutions who at the time of submission of application for admission employed in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past five years may also apply, irrespective of their domicile, provided a certificate from the employer is enclosed along with the application that the person is a Permanent Employee of the Firm or Institution concerned with evidence like Income Tax return, PF Slip, etc. and is working in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past FIVE YEARS.