Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold a combined competitive examination for recruitment to the Services/posts of Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering. The details of the UPSC IES Examination is given below.
Recruitment for UPSC IES will be for four below mentioned categories of engineering which are:
- Civil Engineering;
- Mechanical Engineering;
- Electrical Engineering;
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
Age Limit : Candidates must be 21 to 30 years on 1st August.
Educational Qualification :
- A degree in Engineering from a recognized university or equivalent.
- MSc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects also acceptable for certain Services/posts only.
- Candidates appearing at their engineering degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to compete.
- Candidates qualifying on the result of the written part of the Examination will be required to submit the proof of passing the requisite examination along with their detailed application form to be filled up at that stage.
- Rs. 50 (Rupees fifty only) for online applicants.
- Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) for Candidates of Specified remote areas.
- No fee for Females/SCs/STs/Physically Handicapped only.
UPSC IES Exam Pattern:
- The UPSC IES entrance exam consist of two papers.
- Paper 1 comprise of objective question and Paper 2 contains conventional paper.
- Both sections contains all relevant syllabus which is taught in entire discipline of engineering viz: Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.
- Personality test consist of 200 marks, its for those candidates who qualify the written exam.
UPSC IES Important Dates :
- Date of UPSC Engineering Services Exam 2012 Notifications: 25th February 2012 (Saturday)
- Last Date For UPSC Engineering Services application form submission: 26th March 2012 (Monday)
- Date of UPSC Engineering Services Entrance Commencement: 15th June 2012 (Friday) & duration of the exam will be of 3 days.